Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hi readers,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am new at this but thought that this would be a good forum to share my life and observations of life around me. I hope to meet a lot of people so that we can become friends.
My interests are living for my Lord Jesus, raw food, organic gardening, my dogs, and of course my family.
I am a Jewish believer in the Messiah and have been walking daily with Him for over 30 years. Everyday He, through the Holy Spirit, teaches me more and more how to love others and allow myself to love Him. I am always willing to help and share with those people who are honestly searching for a relationship with their Creator but I don't really get into just debating doctrine for the sake of proving what I know.
I have been a raw fooder now for a little time and have had wonderful results. I was laying in bed so medicated on psychiatric meds that I could no longer function. I was taking so many after just starting out with one SSRI but ended up taking handfuls at a time because of the bi-polar disorder and psychosis that developed from the first med. I heard a voice tell me (I do not know if it was audible or not), "Do you want to live or do you want to die." I had to give that some thought but I said, "I chose life." Then, being so messed up I am not sure what happened, all of a sudden, I knew what to eat. Raw food. I did this and in just a few days I was up on my feet. I did find the website, www.hacres.com after that and just ate a cup of cooked beans a day and everything else was raw fruits and veggies. After about two weeks I cut out the cup of beans as I learned I did not need that. Well, in three months I have lost over thirty pounds and no longer have diabetes and high blood pressure. I do take a hormone as I have no ovaries so I must do that but I take no other medications.
My organic gardening journey is just in it's infancy. I have a lot of experience growing things as I grew up working in the family "seed to sale" nursery business but am new to the total organic thing. Last year I tried out a heirloom tomato plant and some herbs and it went very well. This year I am planning on growing a bunch of tomatoes to eat raw and dry for future use. I also am going to put in three different types of melons, zucchini and some peppers. One of the melon varieties I am going to plant is a very small variety from Taiwan so I am excited about that. I do have to do all of this on the cheap though because in all those sick years I could never work so I am kind of in the poor house right now, but I will see what I can do. I am going to do all this under mulch the Ruth Stout way as I know that is the only way to go to save water and work. I will keep you all posted on my progress on this project.
As for my dogs, I share my home with a Toy Rat Terrier by the name of Penny and also with a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Cody. I have had Penny sense puppy hood but Cody actually adopted me so there ya go. I love my dogs, who are spoiled rotten and they love me.
Last but not least is my family. I live with my husband Terry and I have three beautiful grown children and three grandchildren.
Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope to post often as I walk this journey.
Shalom
Rosemary

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is an awesome story. I am looking forward to reading more about your journey. I'm trying myself to stay raw and to make tremendous improvements in my life. Thank you for sharing yours.
- Shannon

Rosemary said...

Hi Shannon, Thanks for visiting my blog. I am going to try to post more frequently at least every few days. What is your story about going raw? Hope to hear more from you soon.
Rosemary